• Skip to Main Content /
  • Screen Reader Access

President's Body Guard

President's Body Guard

The President's Bodyguard (PBG), as is known today, was raised in 1773 at Benares by the then Governor, Warren Hastings. Since being first christened as 'The Guard of Moguls' in 1773, the Regiment has had various titles viz. 'The Governor General's Bodyguard (GGBG)' in 1784, 'The Viceroy's Bodyguard' in 1858, the '44th Divisional Reconnaissance Squadron GGBG' in 1944, before getting back it's old title "The Governor General's Bodyguard" in 1947. With India becoming a Republic on 26 January 1950, the Regiment came to be known as - "The President's Bodyguard".

Read More

Changing of the Guard

Changing Guard Ceremony

A new 'Change of Guard' ceremony was unveiled at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on December 8, 2012 to the media. This ceremony will be held every Saturday at 10 am and will be open to the public who will only have to produce a photo ID at the place of entry to Rashtrapati Bhavan from Gate No. 2 near Prime Minister's Office.

Read More

Feedback

  • Verification Code
Go to Navigation